Jobs - Accountant - Mexico
A great role within the Mexican operation of this award-winning global technology business.
Location: Mexico City
Region: North America
Job Type: Full Time
THE COMPANY: A great role within the Mexican operation of this award-winning global technology business.
Peak Scientific Instruments, a fast–growing company specializing in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market and driven by a visionary management team, smart, dedicated people and a dynamic company ethos. Our products offer superb technical performance and are smoother, quieter and more efficient than anything else in the market today. With this continuing success and growth we are looking for an Accountant to join our team in Mexico.
We are an award winning company with our head office based in UK, and have a very strong reputation in the market place. Our current global turnover is around US$70m, with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. We manufacture and maintain gas generators for the laboratory market and export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries.
Peak Mexico started trading in 2014 following the growth of our OEM partnerships in Mexico. Currently Peak Mexico has a team of 7, with plans to expand over the next few years. The company is now at a stage where it requires an accountant in Mexico. The role will be based in Mexico DF, however, may include some travel to our UK headquarters as and when required.
- Monitor and record all financial transactions
- Process, audit and provide first level authorization for all expenses
- Assisting in the transition of accounting and service systems
- Verify, record and process incoming and outgoing invoices ensuring all payments are made/received in a timely fashion
- Responsibility for cheque management, authorizing external payments
- Administering our new expense system, Concur
- Complete monthly reconciliation of banking records
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Liaising with external accountants
- Local compliance. e.g. Insurance, Banking, with assistance from UK
- Understanding Import/Export process and tax requirements
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will preferably have the following:
- Experience in bookkeeping
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Microsoft Office skills, plus experience of ERP management software
- Customer focussed
- An understanding of shipping terms and guidelines
- Communication – able to communicate clearly with customers both verbally and in writing
- Good self-motivation, with the capacity to plan time effectively and prioritize the resilience to remain effective in the face of pressure
It’s a really dynamic environment and there are always changes and challenges, presenting opportunities for personal and professional growth. So if this describes you and your aspirations – and you can see yourself playing a role within our organization and our developing global business, there’s a great career pathway awaiting you.
The ideal candidate must also be dynamic, enthusiastic, motivated and have the ability to work both independently and within a close-knit team. A positive attitude is a pre-requisite together with a keen sense of humor.
To apply please forward your CV with a covering letter to Leanne Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.