Service Sales Specialist - USA
Peak Scientific Instruments are an award winning Scottish Company, specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market.
Location: Peak Scientific USA, Billerica, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full Time
Our current turnover is $50m, with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. We export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries and have opened a number of overseas offices including an expanding operation in the Americas which is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts.
Peak’s Service Organisation plays a vital part in our day to day business and is responsible for 1/3 of the total sales revenue of the company. There is room for exceptional growth within this division, and this role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious sales driven individual.
Reporting to the America Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling and educating our existing customers on Peak Protected Service Contracts. The individual will be responsible for inside sales, supporting geographical and/or vertical territories within North America. The Inside Sales representative will interact with both direct end-user customers and reseller partners. Additionally, in line with Peak’s strong customer service ethos, the role will involve further development of Peak Protected customer service strategies and functions.
- Educate and sell Service Contracts to existing Peak customers.
- Responsible for making outbound phone calls to a variety of companies and sales. channels to capture quotes/orders.
- Ability to meet call attempts and conversation quotas with monthly targets.
- Ability to get customers showing interest in order to identify opportunities to promote and offer our product.
- Ability to close the sale via phone or email.
- Have the discipline to follow up on pending quotes and to update the quote report. with the proper notes and status of the quote.
- Utilize sales tools to profile and gather sales opportunity intelligence.
- Cultivate relationships with customers to ensure their needs are being met and to uncover opportunities up/cross selling.
- Proactive sales of new service plans, maximising service coverage and service revenue from end user, OEM and distributor markets.
- Nurturing relationships with existing customers to retain loyalty whilst developing customer service opportunities.
- Working closely with Peak service departments and sales department in logistically organising the facilitation of maintenance contracts.
- Maintain effective working relationships with global sales personnel for development of business specific to all territories.
- Assisting where necessary in service plan renewals process.
- Accurately preparing and recording sales orders and invoices using the company’s Efacs system.
- Updating CRM system Solarvista/EFACs with all relevant customer information and orders.
- Experience is preferred with using Outlook.
- Maintaining records of generator locations and warranty registrations
- 1-3 years Inside Sales experience or equivalent.
- Proven ability to generate and close sales opportunities in their current position.
- Customer focussed – able to build relationships and gain trust.
- Able to manage relationships and enjoy being part of team.
- Self-motivated and driven with the capacity to plan time effectively & prioritise.
- Communication – able to communicate clearly and accurately by adopting a range of styles
- Resilience – remains effective in the face of pressure
- Results driven, ability to manage personal and collective team targets
- College degree and work experience in a service driven industry a plus but not essential.
If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, make the move today by sending your CV with salary expectations to Leanne Gordon at: firstname.lastname@example.org