Jobs - Technical Trainer - USA
Peak Scientific Instruments are looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to join our Global Training department.
Location: Billerica, Boston, Massachusetts
Region: North America
Job Type: Full Time
THE COMPANY: Peak Scientific Instruments an award winning Scottish Company, specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market are looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to join our Global Training department. Our current turnover is $50m, with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. We export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries and have opened a number of overseas offices including an expanding operation in the Americas which is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Global Training Manager and indirectly to the Americas Service Manager, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of training courses to internal stakeholders, distributors and OEMs from Billerica HQ and Peak global training centres. Following completion of training events you will assess the competency of individuals and issue certification where appropriate and update all training records. This role is Billerica based with international travel. Other key tasks will include providing:
- technical support to the sales and service teams including assisting at site visits or seminars and exhibitions
- monthly reports to the Global Training Manager detailing training activities and customer visits
- Genuine enthusiasm and motivation to bring technical content alive to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of all basic engineering techniques with the ability to learn new technologies and how our products interface with customers’ applications
- A creative edge allowing you to develop innovative training plans and materials
- Ability to drive a programme from start to finish, manage change and provide practical hands-on support as required
- Ability to organise own work schedule to agreed targets over a geographically dispersed area
- High levels of literacy with MS WORD, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Peak is a challenging, dynamic and energised environment, with unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth. This is a time of explosive expansion for Peak in the Americas, and an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative company providing a technology that is generating more and more interest each day. If you are open-minded, driven and quick to learn we want to speak to you.
We are offering a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop within an expanding global company. If you think you have what it takes to be part of Peak, make the move today by contacting Leanne Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV and details of your current remuneration package.