Jobs - Test Engineer - UK
At Peak we target individuals who fit our culture and values and we are looking to recruit a Test Engineer to join our Design Engineering team.
Location: Inchinnan, Glasgow
Job Type: Full Time
THE ROLE: Peak Scientific Instruments, a fast–growing company specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market is looking to recruit a Test Engineer to join our Design Engineering team.
As Test Engineer reporting to our Design Engineering Manager, your key responsibility will be to highlight any product/process improvements required based on trend analysis.
Other key tasks will involve:
- Implementing product life test, regular inspections and generating reports as part of continuous improvement
- Liaising with Design Engineers to develop validation criteria
- Setting up and executing new product validation testing, compiling results and completing reports as required
- Identifying any trends and training requirements
- Ensuring test equipment is properly tested and maintained
You will also:
- Ensure products are fully validated before release
- Evaluate product problems and present solutions
- Be responsible for improving the product quality, functionality and performance through thorough testing and feedback
SKILLS REQUIRED: With a good base level of experience in mechanical, electrical or electronic testing, you will also have an HND/Degree qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline. Experience of working within a manufacturing environment would be beneficial, as would a strong understanding of the test and manufacturing lifecycle. You will enjoy working in a practical, hands on role and be comfortable operating in a team environment or working on your own initiative. Robust experience of working with Word & Excel would also be advantageous.
At Peak we target individuals who fit our culture and values. The atmosphere is fun, friendly but with a high degree of professionalism and a non-corporate feel.
THE COMPANY: We have gained an outstanding reputation in the market place, having recently won our 4th Queens award for industry. Our current turnover is £34M with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. 90% of our products are exported to 126 countries and we have a number of global offices including USA, China, South Africa, India, Brazil, Singapore, Mexico and Australia.
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop with an expanding international company. Interested candidates should email their CV with current salary details to Leanne Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org.